Saturday, June 2, 2012

Day: Unknown

Dear Davis,

I completed orientation with the 'Sacramento Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals'. I was able to tour the facility a bit as well. What an eye opener. It's so much more different than the Animal Samaritans Shelter.

First: It's a lot bigger.
Second: It's definitely not "home-y"

It's a large scale operation. On a positive note, all the dogs have air conditioning (at the Animal Samaritans Shelter the dogs that were outside had a misting system and were only brought in when they deemed it to hot to keep them outside.

There's a lot more different types. Big dogs, Bunnies, Guinea Pigs, and Rats. I asked to begin small animal socialization training (for bunnies, guinea pigs, and rats). Another difference is that they have an outside area for the cats that is completely screened in. They will also not ask me to disinfect or clean kennels out (I have mixed feelings... the dish washing tub and I got along ok).

I didn't count my two hours of orientation towards you. I hope you appreciate that.

Time in: N/A Time out: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment